Welcome to Asheray!
Asheray Welfare & Charitable Society is non-political, non-sectarian and non-profit making voluntary organization devoted to the cause of upliftment and welfare of women and children from the under privileged sections of the society through vocational training, non formal education, health care, legal awareness and gender sensitization programs.
The office is located in the community centre of Pant Nagar and the target areas for intervention are the basti (slums) of Nizamuddin, Jangpura, Bhogal and Pant Nagar.
The organization was registered on 09/05/2005, with registration number S52694. We are committed to the development and growth of our target areas through viable socio-economic intervention programs touching every aspect of people lives, health education, gender equality, income generation etc. In order to achieve our project objectives we give special emphasis to beneficiaries from SC/ST/OBC section and from amongst the minorities and people living below poverty line in particular. Asheray Team comprises of people from different walks of life who have all come together with their varied experiences to work for the upliftment of the weaker sections of the society. Our vocational training programmes are in the field of computers, stitching, beauty culture, English speaking & Personality Development, & Handicrafts. Our target group is 14-45 years girls & women. We also run a Non-formal school for the slum children and school drop-outs in the afternoon and projects are mainly meant for the underprivileged girls and women living in the slum areas. Workshops in the area of women empowerment- Gender Sensitization, Legal Aid Awareness, Capacity Building, Environment Awareness, Health Camps.
Self Defence- 10 day Capsule and NIIT Certificate Course (3 months) are new addition in 2015.
Vision & Mission
A society based on legitimate rights, equity, justice, honesty, social sensitivity and a culture of service in which all women are self-reliant. ASHERAY has great vision to work for the development of those women who are underprivileged and struggling for their survival. The mission of the organization is to empower women and children from the under privileged and weaker sections of the society through vocational training, education & health care. The organization carries out a number of multi-faceted programs in the areas of women empowerment, health and sanitation and vocation training.
• To identify with and work along the economically and socially deprived, the physically and mentally challenged - starting with children, so that they become educated, skilled and aware.
• Enable them to be self-reliant and enjoy a healthy, dignified and sustainable quality of life.
• To that end, act as a resource to and collaborate with other agencies - governmental or non-governmental, as well as suitably intervene in policy formulation.
• To impart training in vocational courses to adolescent girls and women from SC/ST/OBC community living in urban slums to make them eligible for wage/Self employment.
• To make the girls and women economically independent so that they are able to negotiate their space in their family and community.
• To empower girls and women and thereby create an equality and equity in society.